The Ceph Blog

Ceph blog stories provide high-level spotlights on our customers all over the world

• October 9, 2012
    Ceph Performance Part 1: Disk Controller Write Throughput

Introduction Here at Inktank our developers have been toiling away at their desks, profiling and optimizing Ceph to make it one of the fastest distributed storage solutions on the planet.  One question we often get asked is how to build an optimally performing Ceph cluster.  This isn’t always an easy question to answer because it […]

• October 8, 2012
    Ceph at Open World Forum and OpenStack Summit

As Ceph development continues to move forward at an astonishing rate we’re working hard to share both our passion for what’s here and our vision of things to come via as many conduits as we can manage. If you are interested in hearing about the latest Ceph dev work, asking questions of some of the […]

• October 2, 2012
    More Than an Object Store

Today, Dmitry Ukov wrote a great post on the Mirantis Blog entitled Object Storage approaches for OpenStack Cloud: Understanding Swift and Ceph. Dmitry’s overview on Ceph was a solid introduction to those needing an object store for their OpenStack deployment, and it was an interesting read. Thanks, Dmitry! Naturally, since I spend most of my […]

• August 21, 2012
    Summer Adventures with Ceph: Building a B-tree

Greetings! I am a summer intern at Inktank. My summer project is to create a distributed, B-tree-like key-value store, with support for multiple writers, using librados and the Ceph object store. In my last blog post, I wrote about the single client implementation I created to start out with. Over the last several weeks, I’ve […]

• June 26, 2012
    My First Impressions of Ceph as a Summer Intern

Hi! My name is Eleanor, and I’m working on Ceph as an intern for Inktank this summer. My task for the summer is to use the Ceph API to create a lock-free, distributed key-value store suitable for storing large sets of small key-value pairs. I’ve just finished my first year at Pomona College, where I’m […]

• May 3, 2012
    Announcing the Ceph.com Refresh

Hello, everyone! I’m the new community guy for Ceph, and it’s my honor to announce the refresh of our website. Today is a big day for all of us because Inktank has just launched. Inktank’s mission is to provide professional services and support for users of Ceph, but it goes a lot deeper; Inktank is […]

• February 14, 2012
    Ada Initiative Donation Results

Last month, we sponsored the Ada Initiative as a Bronze level sponsor. Ada is an organization that encourages and supports women to join the open technology and culture which is typically dominated by men. It’s not just about balancing out the demographic. Having more women in technology opens up a vast new source for talent. […]

• January 23, 2012
    SCALE 10x slides

My SCALE 10x talk went well.  For those who are interested, here are the slides in .odp format. Here is the pdf without the pretty and very effective builds.

• January 18, 2012
    The Ceph team will be at the SCALE conference

Ceph will be at the SCALE conference this Fri, Sat and Sun to promote the Ceph project, our involvement with OpenStack and to recruit the great talent that we know will be swarming to this conference. We have several activities planned for the SCALE conference so we hope to see you there! The Southern California […]

• January 18, 2012
    Ceph is proud to sponsor the Ada Initiative

If you’ve ever been to a developers summit, technology user group meeting, or an online technology forum, you may have noticed that there’s a scarcity of women. We’ve noticed that too so we’re doing our part to support women in technology and to encourage them to get involved in the open source revolution. The Ada […]

Careers