Ceph blog stories provide high-level spotlights on our customers all over the world
“Ceph is awesome and so is its community” and last year Packt Publishing and Karan Singh from community came up with very first book on Ceph titled “Learning Ceph“.
The overwhelming response to the first book + maturity and popularity of Ceph becomes the base for the next title on Ceph, “Ceph Cookbook“. Author and publisher together has spent several months to produce 326 pages quality content on Ceph including 100 ready to use recipes. And here is the deal, you will get 50% discount on both these books by using this discount code ceph-50 while purchasing the eBook online at packtpub.com. This offer is valid till 31Dec 2016.
In this book, you will take a deep dive to understand Ceph—covering components and architecture including its working. The Ceph Cookbook focuses on hands-on knowledge by providing you with step-by-step guidance. Right from the first chapter, you will gain practical experience of Ceph by following the recipes. With each chapter, you will learn and play around with interesting concepts of Ceph. We believe that, by the end of this book, you will feel competent regarding Ceph, both conceptually as well as practically, and you will be able to operate your Ceph storage infrastructure with confidence and success.
● Chapter 1, Ceph – Introduction and Beyond, covers an introduction to Ceph, gradually moving towards RAID and its challenges, and Ceph architectural overview. Finally, you will go through Ceph installation and configuration.
● Chapter 2, Working with Ceph Block Device, covers an introduction to Ceph Block Device and provisioning. You will also go learn RBD snapshots, clones, as well as configuring storage for OpenStack cinder, glance, and nova.
● Chapter 3, Working with Ceph Object Storage, deep dives into Ceph object storage including RGW standard and federated setup, S3, and OpenStack Swift access. Finally, you will set up file sync and service using ownCloud.
● Chapter 4, Working with Ceph File System, covers an introduction to CephFS, deploying and accessing MDS and CephFS via kernel, Fuse, and NFS-Ganesha. You will also learn how to access CephFS via Ceph-Dokan Windows client.
● Chapter 5, Monitoring Ceph Cluster using Calamari, includes Ceph monitoring via CLI, an introduction and setting up Calamari server and clients. You will also learn monitoring Ceph cluster via Calamari GUI + troubleshooting Calamari.
● Chapter 6, Operating and Managing a Ceph Cluster, covers Ceph service management and scaling up and scaling down Ceph cluster. Also includes failed disk replacement and upgrading Ceph infrastructure.
● Chapter 7, Ceph under the Hood, explores Ceph CRUSH map, understanding the internals of CRUSH map, followed by Ceph authentication and authorization. This chapter also covers dynamic cluster management and the understanding of Ceph PG. Finally, learn creating pools for specific hardware type.
● Chapter 8, Production Planning and Performance Tuning for Ceph, covers the planning of Cluster production deployment and HW and SW planning for Ceph. Learn Ceph recommendation and performance tuning, Erasure coding and Cache tiering.
● Chapter 9, Virtual Storage Manager for Ceph, is dedicated to Virtual Storage Manager (VSM), covering its introduction and architecture. We will also go through the deployment of VSM and then the creation of a Ceph cluster using VSM and manage it.
● Chapter 10, More Ceph, the final chapter of the book, covers Ceph benchmarking, Ceph troubleshooting using admin socket, API, and the ceph-objectstore tool. This chapter also covers the deployment of Ceph using Ansible and Ceph memory profiling.
So overall this books gives you everything you need to know in order to learn and solve your organizational storage challenges using Ceph. And on top of it this discount coupons makes it a super deal.
Make you storage delicious using Ceph Cookbook.