Inktank provides support and services for Ceph, an open-source distributed object and file storage technology. We are looking for System Engineers who have a desire to be a strong contributor and help advance the development of Ceph for the next generation of applications. If you have a passion for technical challenges with leading-edge software, and enjoy working with open source technology and community, we want you.
This is customer facing position encompassing:
- design and specification of equipment and configurations to meet customer needs
- helping customers understand how to use Ceph technology to solve their problems
- installing and configuring Ceph-based products
- training on the use and management of Ceph technology
- troubleshooting customer failures and performance issues
- working with developers to improve reliability, performance, installability and manageability
- brainstorming and incubating new ideas with others
- estimating development work efforts for project planning
Required Skills and Experience
- good communication and customer care skills
- 3+ years of experience with Linux system administration (preferably Ubuntu/Debian)
- 3+ years of system/network configuration, management and troubleshooting experience
- using and creating devops (e.g. Chef/Puppet/Juju) automation
- good scripting (e.g. bash, perl/python) skills
- a desire to help people exploit leading-edge technology in a fast paced start-up
- team player, but can work independently without supervision
Secondary (extremely valuable) Skills and Experience
- storage (e.g. NAS/SAN/file system) experience
- distributed/clustered system experience
- system engineering experience
- customer support experience
- technology training experience
- performance analysis
Inktank is a professional services and support company, founded in 2012 by several creators of the open source project Ceph. Ceph delivers object, block and file system storage with unlimited scalability (up to petabytes and even exabytes) while having the ability to run on commodity hardware.
At Inktank, we believe our work has tremendous potential to transform the storage industry. Ceph was created to help organizations decrease storage costs, and increase operational flexibility by freeing them from expensive, restrictive, proprietary storage systems.
Our mission is to empower businesses through Ceph.
Inktank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, click the button below to see this position in our recruiting system.