Inktank provides support and services for Ceph, an open-source distributed object and file storage technology. A QA engineer is a technical quality assurance position encompassing:
- working with developers to ensure adequate attention to testability
- participate in the development of performance assurance tools and programs
- working with the QA Lead and Manager in the development of efficient and effective test plans
- executing test plans, test cases, performance validation, stress testing
- design and implementation of automated testing tools
- interaction with a very active open source community
- evolving agile methodology to deliver enterprise quality-software in an open-source project
Our work spans file systems, Linux kernel integration, Qemu integration, OSDs, distributed meta-data servers, remote access protocols (e.g. NFS, CIFS, iSCSI), big data, and a whole bunch of other really cool stuff … all of which needs to be subjected to continuous, comprehensive, tortuous and fully-automated testing.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of testing enterprise quality software
- strong software development lifecycle skills
- strong programming skills with Python, Shell, and/or Perl
- extensive experience with automated testing and test management
- experience with network protocols and testing client/server software
- Storage Management test experience (SAN/NAS)
- a desire to work with very smart people in a fast paced start-up
Secondary (extremely valuable) Skills and Experience
- distributed system performance and stress testing experience
- experience with NFS, CIFS and S3 protocols
- experience with virtual testing environments
- software development in C/C++ and Java
- working with distributed teams and on open source projects
Inktank is a professional services and support company, founded in 2012 by several creators of the open source project Ceph. Ceph delivers object, block and file system storage with unlimited scalability (up to petabytes and even exabytes) while having the ability to run on commodity hardware.
At Inktank, we believe our work has tremendous potential to transform the storage industry. Ceph was created to help organizations decrease storage costs, and increase operational flexibility by freeing them from expensive, restrictive, proprietary storage systems.
Our mission is to empower businesses through Ceph.
Inktank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, click the button below to see this position in our recruiting system.