Inktank provides support and services for Ceph, an open-source distributed object and file storage technology. A storage developer is a technical position encompassing:
- planning, implementation, maintenance, and support
- interaction with a very active open source community
- evolving agile methodology to deliver enterprise quality-software in an open-source project
Our work spans file systems, Linux kernel integration, Qemu integration, OSDs, distributed meta-data servers, remote access protocols (e.g. NFS, CIFS, iSCSI), big data, and a whole bunch of other really cool stuff!
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of systems software development
- Strong C/C++ development/debugging skills
- Strong software development life cycle skills
- Clustered computing and/or distributed file systems experience
- Client/server computing experience
- Experience with correct and efficient serialization of multi-threaded code
- A desire to work with very smart people in a fast paced start-up
Secondary (extremely valuable) Experience
- Distributed system performance and stress testing experience
- Remote file access protocols (NFS, CIFS, S3) and/or Object-based storage
- User Mode Linux, and Virtual Machines
- Working with distributed teams and/or open source projects
- Experience delivering enterprise quality software
- Direct experience with Ceph and btrfs
- BA/BS in Computer Science
Inktank is a professional services and support company, founded in 2012 by several creators of the open source project Ceph. Ceph delivers object, block and file system storage with unlimited scalability (up to petabytes and even exabytes) while having the ability to run on commodity hardware.
At Inktank, we believe our work has tremendous potential to transform the storage industry. Ceph was created to help organizations decrease storage costs, and increase operational flexibility by freeing them from expensive, restrictive, proprietary storage systems.
Our mission is to empower businesses through Ceph.
Inktank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, click the button below to see this position in our recruiting system.